Friday, October 13, 2017

THE GROENEWOLD FAMILY

There really are places in the heart you don't even know exist 
until you love a child. ~Anne Lamott

I am naturally an extrovert. I love being around people. I'm a talker. I am comfortable in most new situations, so you would think that reaching out to new people and meeting new people for photo sessions would be easy for me, but it's not. I'm always a little nervous, but every session lately has been SO much fun and I have a whole new set of photography friends. 

Laura found me on Facebook and we were able to get a session set up right away. We met one night after work at my favorite location, and as you can see the weather and lighting were just perfect. Her older daughter was so happy and helpful. She wanted to have her own turn and she loved seeing herself on the back of my camera. Little sister on the other hand wanted nothing to do with pictures, with me, with dad, pretty much with anything.  - sometimes that's just how it goes. 

Usually I hear things like, "they are usually so good", "they are always smiley, I don't know why they are so sad", "just do this - or that - it always works"......and I get it, I totally GET it!! I'm a new person. I'm an adult. I'm big and scary. I have my big camera in front of my face, I am asking them to smile, or play, or sit in weird positions on demand. I try to do everything I can to help them be comfortable with me, but most times, kids will be kids!! {and that's how it should be!}












No comments:

Post a Comment